CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2012

One of "those" days

Today was not such a good day. First of all, I am not feeling too well. I feel like I am beginning to get a cold, and I also have been feeling very anxious. My students were OFF the wall today. Things that usually work to calm them down...did not work. I am also extremely stressed out. I hope this passes, like it did at the beginning of the year, because I am starting to feel that downward spiral again...

I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. All I do (seriously all I do!) is test kids. I hardly ever TEACH! Between DIBELS, Dolch, Running Records, Trophies midyear assessments, CBMs, and I am sure there is another one mixed in there somewhere....I have no time! Plus, I got a new student in, so i had to test her on ALL of those. I am just starting to feel disillusioned. I hate that we hardly ever do anything fun. I just want to make learning fun for these kids, because they really need to develop a love for learning to keep them going strong academically...

I am not sure what to do to make this feeling go away. I honestly just feel like crying. I don't know which way is up at this point, and I feel extremely overwhelmed. I feel like there is so much burdened on me, that I know I will forget something. Which makes me stress out even more...

I think maybe I need a mental health day this week. I don't know.

Sorry for the negative post....I just needed to vent....

Any words of encouragements would be greatly appreciated.

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot of teachers say the same things about all the testing. Is there anyone at the school you can talk to? I wouldn't worry that you're forgetting something, though- I'm sure you're doing an awesome job with the kids. Just think of how far they've come in a year, if you want some proof! If you're looking for a way to destress, you can come to my yoga class Thursday night if you want. The gym lets you try a two-week (or something) free membership, you just have to take a tour of the place. It's totally worth it, though- the Thursday night and Sunday morning yoga classes are amazingly good for destressing! Or if you want to meet at Panera or something this week and just talk, let me know. I'm always looking for a reason to get out of my house. ;) Maybe hit the craft stores for some retail therapy...
    Honestly, though, hang in there. I'm sure you're soing a wonderful job and your students are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete