CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My classroom is slowly becoming more organized. I wanted to take pictures today, but realized I had left my camera at home! So tomorrow I will take the pictures. I am trying to create a little reading nook/cafe. My grandmother is giving me some old chairs, so this weekend I am going to paint them with some cute designs, and place them in our reading cafe! I also plan on getting some lamps to make the room feel more cozy. I am very excited about the new changes! I actually had a couple people who stopped by my room comment on how neat it looked! :)

I am trying to think of was to extend my kids who are on the higher side of my reading groups. (Most of them are a 20-22 on the RIGBY, if you are familiar with that). I am focusing on phonics with my lower groups but this group needs more comprehension. I am giving them a chapter book to read with a partner this week. They read a chapter a day and then we discuss it during guided reading.

I just don't know how I can extend their comprehension skills, because that is where they are struggling. I was thinking of making them retelling journals combined with worksheets like story maps, characters summaries, comic strips, but I am not sure. Any suggestions are welcome!

There is a nasty stomach bug going through my class. One student was out on Tuesday. Three were out today. I am hoping I don't get it. Stomach bugs are the worst. I am using lots of lysol and hand sanitizer, that's for sure!

Well, I have some PLPs I should be updating, and then I think I am going to call it an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment