CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

February vacation is over---already?!?

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted. Things kind of got a bit overwhelming, and stressful, so I kind of strayed away from all things teaching while I was on vacation. To make matters worse, the Monday before vacation, I got my pink slip. I know, every new year teacher gets one (for the most part) but it was still an unsettling experience. I truly do not know if I am going to have a job next year, and that very much bothers me. Add that to the fact that I have to move out of my rented house by the end of May and find somewhere ele to live, it's crazy-stressful-ness. But, I have learned to keep on keeping on. Taking it day by day knowing that things will work themselves out, as long as I am prepared.

I decided to take the test to become certified in Massachusetts. Hopefully, this will open some more doors for me, should I need them.

I can't believe it is the last day of vacation. Boo. I was able to get so many things I wanted to do done, like sewing, painting, and other creative projects. I feel like I found myself again during this vacation, and I am so glad I did what I wanted to do.

I did have to get my pet bunny spayed over vacation, actually two days ago, and thankfully she is doing ok now. I was kind of a mess haha.

Unfortunately, I left all of my schoolwork until today. Actually, that may have been a good thing. Now I can convince myself that is really IS time to go back, and I need to get my head back into the game!

Everyone keeps telling me that after February vacation, time flies. I am not sure how I feel about this. I am excited to see my students progress. Before I left on Friday, I did some running records on students, and I now only have 3 students reading below grade level, as opposed to 7. I had 3 students in particular who really took off, and are now above grade level. I was so proud of them, I could have cried, but that probably would have been embarrassing for them, so i kept the waterworks to myself (which is another thing I should be proud of!). I am holding that moment in my head, so if I become overwhelmed or unmotivated in the next few months (which is bound to happen) I can see that I am doing things right and I am making a difference.

Well, I better go start this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment