CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The craziness of testing

This week has started off pretty good. The kids were a bit of yesterday because of the Super Bowl, but today has been calm (so far). My only issue is I have a new student and I am trying to find the time to test her (DIBELS, Running Records, Dolch, CBM, blahblahblahhhh). Yesterday slipped by without a chance to do anything except one running record. I am hoping at some point today I will be able to finish at least her DIBELS. I feel like the days are just flying by, and there is not enough time to get everything done!

We started our kindness boxes yesterday. The kids love it. They pick someones nameout of the box and then they have to write something kind about that person. It worked really well yesterday and I am hoping it continues to work well.

My reading groups have been doing really well. I have a couple of students who I am really concerned about. They are still struggling with words on the preprimer dolch list. I am trying everything I can to get them caught up to speed, but it is difficult. I wuold love to see them just skyrocket over the next four months, but I think it is going to take a lot more work to get there.

wait.....is there really only about four months left? Did I just say that? Holy cow, I can't believe I am already more than halfway through my first year of teaching. What a bumpy road it has been. I can't wait to see the end result in June, though. hopefully I will have brought these kids where they need to be!

Well, I need to go pick them up from library!
-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Time is going by sooo quickly! I can't believe there are only 3 more months of school! Yikes!!! I'm your newest follower.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete