CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Every day is a new adventure

I sure can't complain about my job being boring! Today I had a student wet their pants. I felt awful for him after, but thankfully the other students didn't notice. How do you explain that to other children without scarring the affected child? I just didn't make a big deal out of it, and redirected the class while I sent the child off to the nurse. Between head lice, this, behavior challenges and a multitude of other things, I am truly getting a trial by fire first year of teaching. I'm trying to take each thing as it happens and just thinking of them as learning experiences! (side note: teaching has miraculously made me a more positive person, lol. If I talked to my past self a few years, or even months ago, I would not have the same perspective!)

On another note, I have been totally obsessed with TpT.com. Ever since I was introduced to it this weekend, I can't stop finding amazing worksheets! Such amazing ideas! It is so refreshing to know that I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I teach at a title 1 school, so I am fortunate enough to have a smartboard. I have been attending training sessions on how to use the smartboard, and I am crazy about this, as well! As a matter of fact, the first thing I did when I got home tonight was make a cute new slide to take attendance and lunch count. Mornings are going to go SO much quicker with this *I hope*! The kids were also trying to come up with names for the smartboard today. I think we will take a vote on them tomorrow, Some were really great ideas!

Tomorrow I am also going to try adding yoga to our morning routine. I, myself, LOVE yoga, and I know how refreshing it can be. I have read that, for children, it can relieve stress and clear their minds to make learning more effective. I am going to try doing one or two poses with them tomorrow, to see if they like it!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to introduce yoga into the classroom I would be more than happy to hear them!!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how the yoga goes. I think it's a great idea! I love tpt.com, too. That and the millions of blogs out there really do make our jobs as teachers much easier. I shudder to think how much more work it must have been in the old days- you know, before the internet. ;)
    Also, I'm glad teaching has helped you feel more positive. You deserve to be happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I feel so much better knowing that what I do is important. It's also pretty nice knowing that my kids look forward to seeing me every day. It is really rewarding, and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the yoga idea! I bet the kids will find it fun. You are teaching the kids but it seems that the kids are also teaching you. ;) I'm very happy for you. :D

    ReplyDelete