CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Do you ever want to feel popular? Become a first grade teacher! All you have to do is go to a professional development training, be absent for the morning, and pick the student up from lunch! They will run at you, yelling your name and hug you. They will tell you how much they love you and how much they missed you. Or, at least that's what my kids did, because they are crazy, and all (and pretty awesome, I can't say my ego wasn't boosted by that! ;) )

Anyway....

Today I should get a good teacher award...because today...squeamish me who is scared of all things creepy and crawly....picked up a Bess Beetle.

Don't know what one looks like??

I'll show you!!!



Freaky, huh??

Well, I introduced the kids to them today, and they thought they were really cool (NOT my first thought on what their reactions were going to be haha). They were asking if they could touch them and I said go for it. They also wanted to pick them up but wouldn't do it unless I did it first. So I did. I was shaking like leaf. but I survived, and did my good teacher duty for the day. All in the name of SCIENCE!!!

Two of my kids somehow got pinched my them, though. I felt bad, but I had no idea they could pinch! Plus, our science kit manual said it was safe to hold them. Oh well.


So my evaluation is this Thursday. I am a bit nervous, still, because my reading groups have not been going so well, and that is what I plan on doing. We still have tomorrow to work on it. And I had a looooong talk with the children at the end of the day about my expectations and I told them about m evaluation and how this was very important to me. They seemed to understand. One said, "Oh! So it's like you get a report card, too?" Yeah, kinda. Except my consequences are a little more extreme if I get a bad grade. haha. ::gulp::

Well, we will see. Other than that, not much else has happened so far this week! I am hoping things stay calm, at least until Friday!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing, the things you'll do for kids, huh? At least no one tried to eat one. That's what Merry did the first time she held a worm. That girl is nasty. How was the eval, by the way?

    ReplyDelete